In the chronicles the name Govedari
appears for the first time in the year 1793. In the following years
Vicko Basto and the brothers Nikola and Petar Milic signed a contract
with the monastery Santa Maria.
This contract enabled the families Basto and Milic to establish
themselves in the area of the locality Govedari.
At the beginning of the 20th century the church "Holy Nikola"
as well as a rectory were built. Govedari is traffic-technically
well opened and can be reached by all places of the Mljet north
island within a short time.
The Large Lake is situated only 1 km from Govedari and can therefore
be reached easily by car.
forecasts, measuring value, climate etc. for the region Dubrovnik